Southland Integrated Services provides the following primary healthcare services on a sliding fee scale for both adults and, when applicable, children:
- Physical Examinations
- Vaccinations for Influenza, Hepatitis A and B, Pneumovax, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Tetanus, and Human Papilla Virus (HPV)
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic illnesses in adults: Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, Chronic Lung Disease, Hypercholesterolemia, Kidney Disease, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Anemia and Chronic Heart Disease
- On-site referrals for Behavioral Health services and Women’s Health
- Walk-in visits and same-day appointments
- Referral specialist for qualified patients, with review and approval, to ophthalmologists, neurologists, endocrinologist, urologist, nephrologists, and orthopedics in selected cases
- Screening for TB exposure, Hepatitis B and C
- Lab Services: routine blood drawn, urinalysis, and EKG
Southland provides a variety of services geared towards our women population. Our clinic actively works towards empowering preventative care and proactive primary reproductive health. Health services for women include clinical breast exams, pap smears, pelvic exams, and more.
Our clinic provides Annual Wellness Visits for qualifying geriatric patients to gather more detailed health information and provide counseling on improving health and preventing complications from illness. These may include screenings, assessments, and counseling in:
- Preventative Services and Planning
- Health Risk
- Home Safety
- Alcoholism Screening
- Independence in Activities of Daily Living
- Behavioral Health
- Fall Risk
- California Advance Health Care Directive
We may also refer to Alzheimer’s Association for qualifying patients when appropriate.
The Wellness Group at Southland is a unique group that helps patients learn to live a healthy lifestyle. In The Wellness Group, participants engage in hands-on activities, connect with others, and can meet with their provider to better care for their health.
Our current group focuses on healthy eating and includes education, discussion, and activities on topics such as quality health foods, eating habits and routines, portion sizes, nutrition labels, and social eating. The groups are facilitated by Southland’s occupational therapist, medical providers, and health scholars.
Patients of Southland Health Center may ask their medical provider how to join the Wellness Group.
WPC is the coordination of physical, behavioral health, and social services in a patient-centered approach with the goals of improved health and well-being through more efficient and effective use of resources for Medi-Cal beneficiaries struggling with homelessness. WPC promotes increased communication between Southland Health Center and hospital emergency rooms, CalOptima, OC Health Care Agency (HCA) Behavioral Health Services and Public Health Services as well as recuperative care providers to improve access and navigation of services for the homeless population.
At Southland Health Center, WPC beneficiaries will receive medical, dental, mental health, and other services. In order to be eligible for the program, the patients have to be qualified for these following criteria:
- Patients who are homeless
- Patients who are homeless and living with serious mental illness
- Patients who are Medi-Cal beneficiaries and under CalOptima networks
Since telephone bills can be overwhelming for both English-speaking and non-English-speaking consumers in the community, the Program is designed to guide the consumers through the matrix of telephone bills. The purpose is to remove non-essential, un-necessary, yet expensive options from the consumer’s telephone account, thus will help to lower the overall monthly telephone expense.
For more details on the program qualifications, please contact (714)620-7062.